Kimberly Popkey, MA, LPC, CEDS, SEP
I have been in private practice in the Scottsdale area for 18 years. I attended Arizona State University as an undergrad and completed my graduate work at the University of San Francisco. I work with individuals, couples, families and children. Divorce, grief, addiction, eating disorders, trauma, anxiety/depression and ADD/ADHD are just a few of my specialties. I have flexible morning and evening hours. I also do phone sessions, if necessary. I am on numerous insurance plans as well as working on a sliding scale.
I have had additional training in EMDR, Somatic Experiencing, art and play therapy. I have specialized in working with clients who suffer from eating disorders as well as with children since the beginning of my career. I am a Certified Eating Disorder Specialist as well as I have advanced training in art therapy.
I am a very open and honest therapist. I have an open door policy where my clients may call, text or email me anytime should the need arise. I believe in self-disclosure as this humanizes me on a much deeper level.
University of San Francisco
Arizona State University
St. Paul of the Shipwreck
University of San Francisco Center for Child & Family Development
- Brief Interaction Therapy
- Basic Reality Therapy
- DBT Trained
- EDMR Certified
- Certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
- Certified Eating Disorders Specialist
- Certified Associate Counselor (Arizona)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (Arizona)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (Texas)
Kimberly Popkey is a member of the following professional organizations:
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals (IAEDP)